Sunday, May 31, 2009
Thursday, May 28th - Saturday, May 30th
Hey everyone...I'm sorry that I haven't been on here lately to post but I have been back home and working. If Mom was a little more tech-savvy she could do this, but I think she's got enough on her plate already. So since I haven't been around, I can only tell you what Mom has told me over the phone. Thursday was a very slow day...Dad was asleep for a lot of the day and the staff kind of wanted to let him get his rest. Friday was when I headed back to Coon, but I remember that at that point, Dad's blood pressure seemed to be doing a lot better than on Thursday. He was running about 85/60 Thursday and around 110/70 on Friday before I left. They put Dad back on Lasix to both assist his kidneys and to remove some of the liquid build-up in the lungs. As far as I know, he's been having some anxiety lately, specifically on Saturday, about being in the hospital still. Mom updated me earlier today (well, I guess it's technically yesterday since this post is so late)...Saturday...about the fact that there are a couple of reasons the doctors may have discovered for his slow recovery...one having to do with the lungs, and one having to do with his back. I'm sorry, but at this point I don't feel it is in our best interest as a family to release those discoveries at this point because they are just theories from the doctors. They aren't exactly life-threatening discoveries, but they are very serious and hopefully they will make it official soon, so I can let you all know. It shouldn't be more than a few days before they find out for sure. Please don't be too alarmed by this....these are both things that Dad has fought through in the past. The only reason I am not releasing this is because I don't want to put something out there that might not be true and/or finalized. All I can say is to hold tight and keep checking this for updates! Thanks for the comments everyone and I will continue to try my best to relay them to Mom and Dad both.